Job Title: Tax Assessor
Salary: $100,000 - $110,000
Hours: Mon - Fri 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
- As department head is responsible for the appraisal of real and personal property within the Town.
- Administers State laws affecting real and personal property assessments.
- Implements State and Town tax relief programs for senior citizens.
- Directs work methods and procedures, personally handling complex and unusual cases.
- Composes necessary correspondence and oversees the maintenance of records required by the office.
- Overall responsibility for Grand List as required by law.
- Supervises changes to Assessor’s maps.
- Prepares annual reports for State and Town.
- Formulates, defends and monitors budget for department.
- Gives testimony in court cases relating to assessment matters.
- Reviews sales of real property for the purpose of State grants.
- Keeps updated on changes in regulations.
- Related tasks as assigned by the Director of Finance.
Examples of Duties
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- Knowledge of assessment techniques in determining real estate and personal property values.
- Knowledge of laws and ordinances governing assessment practices and collection of property taxes.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective supervisory relationship with staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relations with the public.
- Must be able to become Certified Connecticut Municipal Assessor.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Certification of CCMA designation preferred, and/or a four (4) year college degree in Business Administration and over three (3) years experience in an Assessor’s office.
(PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
Before final certification, each applicant must successfully pass a drug test.
Applicants must be citizens of the United States or must present proper authorization to work in the United States by the closing date.
Town of Trumbull
5866 Main Street
Trumbull, Connecticut, 06611
Website for further info and to Apply