Job Title: Commercial Appraiser
Salary: $35.89 - $42.39 per hour
Hours: Mon - Fri 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Application Deadline: December 13, 2019
Under the general supervision of the Tax Assessor, performs field work and office work requiring the evaluation of commercial buildings for tax
assessment purposes; does related work as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Accounting, Economics, or a closely related field. Two (2) years of progressively responsible
experience in real property appraisal work obtained in the last 10 years. OR an equivalent combination of experience as described above.
SCOPE OF EXAMINATION:
There will be a written examination at a date to be determined, which will test for the following:
• Thorough knowledge of the principles, terminology and materials of building construction and renovation.
• Knowledge of modern principles and practices of real property appraisal.
• Ability to read and analyze plans and specifications.
• Ability to understand and solve mathematical computations.
• Ability to maintain accurate records.
• Ability to deal effectively with the public external and internal to the organization.
A completed “City of Stamford Application for Examination or Employment” must be submitted or postmarked by the closing date of December 13, 2019. A resume and/or
other correspondence will NOT be considered as equivalent to an application. Incomplete or illegible applications will be rejected. Please note that “see resume”
does not constitute a complete application.
The Human Resources Department provides reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need an accommodation in the application or testing process, please contact the Human Resources Division.
Applications are obtained and submitted to: