Job Title: Assistant to the Assessor
Hours: 40 Hours per week
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
The Borough of Naugatuck currently has an immediate need for an Assistant to the Assessor with the knowledge and ability to assist the Assessor with the effective operations of the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the Assessor in preparing Real Estate, Personal Property and Motor Vehicle Grand Lists on an annual basis.
- Participates in the revaluation process by reviewing, analyzing data and making necessary changes.
- Reviews, analyzes and determines assessments of real estate and personal property for accuracy.
- Assists in maintaining administrative and tax assessment records; updates maps as needed.
- Assists in processing applications for tax exemptions.
- Receives and attempts to resolve complaints regarding assessments with taxpayers.
- Initiates the balancing of the Personal Property Grand List, and coordinates personal property renditions to ensure accuracy; mailing and tracking.
- Performs a variety of administrative and/or technical functions as needed and/or as directed by the Assessor.
- Provides general oversight of existing office staff as assigned by the Assessor and assists in the training of new hires.
- Assists the Assessor in the development of the department budget.
- Associates Degree in economics, business, finance, real estate or related field or equivalent experience and training working in assessment field.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in the application of moderately complex office practices and in the application of modern methods and techniques of assessing.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Connecticut driver’s license.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Certified Connecticut Municipal Assessor (CCMA) designation within five (5) year of appointment.
For additional details and to view a complete job posting, please visit the human resource portal at www.naugatuck-ct.gov.
Qualified candidates must submit a cover letter, resume and completed employment application to:
Naugatuck, CT 06770
Position will remain open until filled. EOE