Job Title: Assessment Administrator
Salary: $41,459 - $55,637
Hours: 35/week - M-F from 8:30 to 4:30
Application Deadline: November 1, 2023; 4:00 pm
DESCRIPTION: To work with the Assessor concerning assessment and property ownership.
- Answers inquiries concerning assessments, property ownership, exemptions and special programs administered by the Assessor’s Office.
- In accordance with the CT General Statues notify, explain, accept, and process Elderly Homeowners, Blind, Disabled Veterans, Additional Veterans, Additional Blind, and Renter’s applications for state and local programs. Process state reports such as reduction to Freeze reimbursement, reduction to Homeowners reimbursement, and other reports required by the Assessor.
- Works with Assessor to apply Volunteer Fireman’s Exemption, Freeze, Homeowners, Town Exemption and Deferment Programs prior to tax bills being issued.
- Review discharges filed with Town Clerk to determine veteran’s eligibility for exemptions.
- Prepares and processes motor vehicle pro-rates and credits.
- As directed by the Assessor, supervises assessment clerks to prepare personal property packages to be sent to all the businesses in Ridgefield.
- Prepares and makes computer input for Grand List Abstract to the CAMA system and Administrative system.
- Data Enters Real Estate Apportionment as required due to subdivision of property as directed by Assessor.
- Reviews changes made by the Assessor’s clerks in areas of subdivision changes. Map line changes, as well as review new cards created by subdivisions of property.
- Search Titles, read deeds, check maps, change field cards, and make new field cards as indicated for real estate property transfers. Split properties in event of sales or division of property.
- Types press releases as required by Assessor.
- Types Board of Assessment Appeals minutes as prepared by Chairman of Board of Assessment Appeals. As well as processing Board of Appeals correspondence from Taxpayers.
- Prepares State reports on word and excel as well as any other reports as needed.
- Corresponds with taxpayers regarding eligibility of motor vehicle credits and deletes. Also corresponds in regards to any real estate title inquiries.
- Trains full time personnel as well as temporary help in processing motor vehicle credits, deletions, processing real estate transfers, preparing personal property packages and any other jobs needed to run the Assessor’s office.
- Works with the Assessor in calculating personal property values from information as filed by taxpayers M15 report and lessees report.
- High School graduate.
- Minimum five years prior experience in Assessor’s Office.
- Word Processing, map plotting, property assemblage, deed processing, preparation of computer input, knowledge of state reports, familiarity with state exemptions and their application process.
- Computer proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Equality CAMA software desired
- Ability to deal effectively with the public.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS PLEASE SEND RESUME AND APPLICATION:
TOWN OF RIDGEFIELD
400 MAIN STREET
RIDGEFIELD, CT 06877
email@example.com Fax 203-431-2328