Job Title: Tax Assessor
Hours: Full-time; Monday - Friday
Application Deadline: April 1, 2021
This is very responsible technical and administrative work involving the direction of a municipal property assessment operation.
Work involves responsibility for the valuation of real and personal property and for the preparation of the annual grand list.
Duties include policy recommendation, department planning and direction and supervision of staff activities. This position also has the responsibility for making the most difficult property assessment technical decisions.
The work requires that the employee have thorough knowledge, skill and ability in every phase of property assessment work.
Position works under the general direction of the Board of Assessors.
- Analyzes and values residential and commercial property through pricing schedules.
- Prepares the annual department budget and presents and defends budget and controls the expenditure of department fund allocations within the constraints of approved budgets.
- Assigns, evaluates and trains departmental personnel.
- Individual must have the ability to enforce regulations and make decisions within the designated deadlines.
- Responds to taxpayers inquiries regarding assessments and programs available to them.
- Advises aggrieved taxpayers of their appeal rights.
- Participates in assessment appeals by property owners and defined findings.
- Performs all related work as required.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance; Disability insurance; Health insurance; Health savings account; Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Benefit Conditions: Waiting period may apply
Please send Resume and cover letter to Jennifer.email@example.com or drop at the Town Hall, in the Mayor’s Office.