Job Title: Tax Assessor
Salary: $120,000 - $130,000
Application Deadline: Revised - Monday, July 22, 2019, 6:00 pm
The City of Danbury is currently seeking a Tax Assessor. This person in this position will perform a variety of professional, technical, supervisory and administrative work in performing assessment duties imposed by State and local law. Responsible for assessing valuation of real, personal and motor vehicle property for the preparation of the annual Grand List.
Please carefully read this entire important announcement
The City of Danbury will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of sex, race, color, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related conditions, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, or disability, except where it is a bona fide occupational qualification. We encourage African Americans, women, Hispanics, and other minorities who meet the minimum qualifications to apply.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Experience:
- Must be a graduate from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance or a related field.
- Must possess eight (8) years of experience in the valuation of residential, commercial and industrial properties for assessment purposes or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a minimum of four (4) years of supervisory experience.
- Suitable experience may be substituted for education attainment if deemed appropriate by the Mayor or his/her designee.
- Demonstrate computer and data processing skills through working knowledge of the following software: Vision Government Solutions CAMA (Computer Assisted Mass Appraisal), Quality Data Services (QDS) Assessment Administration, Geographical Information Systems, (GIS) and familiarity with NewWorld (Tyler) Financial Systems.
Additional Required Eligibility Requirements:
Must possess certification by the State of Connecticut as a Certified Connecticut Municipal Assessor or certification by the international Association of Assessment Officers as a Certified Assessment Evaluator.
Applications are available at the Human Resources Dept., 155 Deer Hill Ave., Danbury, CT 06810 or at www.danbury-ct.gov. Qualified applicants must submit four copies of the application to the Human Resources department no later than 6:00 pm, Monday, July 22, 2019. EEO/M/F/D/V.