Job Title: Assistant Assessor
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Hours: 32-34 per week
Application Deadline: December 3, 2021
The Town of Oxford seeks qualified applicants for the position of Assistant Assessor. This is a Full-time position, a minimum of 32 hours a week but up to 34 hours per week, with benefits.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Assistance the assessor in the valuing of taxable property to establish the Grand List. Assumes the responsibility for the office in the absence of the Assessor.
- The Assistant Assessor is responsible for assessing the valuation of personal property and/or inventory of commercial and industrial establishments. Computes and verifies new manufacturing/machinery exemption program.
- Confers with property owners and provides information about laws pertaining to motor vehicle taxation, exemption for elderly citizens, and similar tax liability matters.
- Maintains and updates information concerning real estate, motor vehicles, and personal property.
- Provides technical information and assistance to lawyers, land searchers, appraisers, and the general public.
- Performs other duties assigned.
Education & Training:
High School diploma or equivalency, including or supplemented by courses in office skills, plus three years of responsible administrative experience, including one year in an assessment environment.
- Completion or in the process of becoming a Certified Connecticut Municipal Assessor. Courses offered by the State of Connecticut.
- Participate in continuing education in the field of assessment.
Best Method of Contact: E-mail
Visit https://www.oxford-ct.gov for an application and additional information.