Job Title: Deputy Assessor
Salary: $66,248 per year
Hours: 35 hours per week
Application Deadline: May 18, 2018
Revised Application Deadline
Reports To: Director of Assessment and Revenue
Distinguishing Features of the Class: Under the direction of the Director of Assessment and Revenue, this work involves the performance of advanced technical effort to appraise real property, personal property, and motor vehicles. Work is performed in accordance with accepted appraisal techniques, state assessment statutes, and local ordinances. When necessary, must be able to assume the responsibilities of the Assessor. The Deputy Assessor is expected to provide direction and assistance to clerical staff as required.
Knowledge, Skill, Ability, and Personal Characteristics:
- Thorough knowledge of the theories, principles, methods, and techniques of real property, personal property, and motor vehicle appraisal for assessment purposes.
- Through knowledge of the state statutes and municipal ordinances governing the appraisal and assessment of real property, personal property, and motor vehicles.
- Skill in making arithmetic calculations of a complex nature.
- Ability to prepare periodic assessment reports including reports required by the Connecticut State Office of Policy and Management.
- Ability to plan, assign, and supervise the work activities of department clerical staff. Ability to deal effectively and courteously with the public, associates, and subordinates.
- Proven ability in the computerized processing of assessment data via CAMA software and Assessment Administration/Tax Accounting software. Physical Demands:
- Must be able to physically inspect and tabulate data with respect to residential, commercial, and industrial property in outside weather conditions. Minimum Qualifications:
- Graduation from a high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma (GED) and not less than two (2) years employment in appraising real property and personal property.
Special Requirements: Connecticut Municipal Assessor Certification (CCMA) and a valid motor vehicle driver’s license are required.
Submission: Individuals interested in applying need to submit a letter of intent to Michelle Passamano, HR Manager, 200 North Main Street, Southington, CT 06489 or email letter of intent to email@example.com.