Job Title: Director of Assessment & Revenue
Salary: $105,909 (Supervisors’ Union)
Hours: 35 hour work week; Monday through Friday
Application Deadline: March 2, 2018
The Town of Southington is currently seeking a Director of Assessment & Revenue. Reporting directly to the Town Manager, this position directs and participates in a continuing program of assessing real and personal property in the Town for purposes of taxation as prescribed by State Statute, and supervises the collection of those real and personal property taxes and other Town revenues by the Deputy Tax Collector.
Acts as the Assessor & Tax Collector in duties outlined by the Connecticut General Statutes and Town Charter, including the signing of the Grand List. Plans and directs an annual tax billing and collection strategy.
Individuals interested in applying need to apply online to: http://www.applitrack.com/southingtonschools/onlineapp/default.aspx
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Public Administration or related field and six (6) years of progressively responsible experience in real and personal property assessment or tax collection, including four (4) years supervising a major assessment or collection function or
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent in related field and seven (7) years experience in real and personal property assessment or tax collection including five (5) years supervising a major assessment function or collection.
- Suitable experience may be substituted for educational requirements if deemed appropriate by the Town Manager or his designee.
- Certified Connecticut Municipal Assessor II certification required at time of appointment.
- Connecticut Municipal Collection certification preferred or ability to become certified as a Connecticut Municipal Collector within four (4) years of appointment.
- Must have a valid, active Motor Vehicle Operator’s License.