Job Title: Assessor Clerk
Salary: $46,742 with AAT Certification or CCMA I Designation (per contract); $40,742 without AAT certification or CCMA I
Hours: 35 per week
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
The Town of Windsor Locks seeks qualified applicants for the position of Clerk Assessors Office. This is a Full-time, benefited, Bargaining Unit position that reports to the Assessor or designee. This position is 35 hours per week. Hours are in conjunction with Town Hall Business Hours
Duties Include but not limited to:
- Directly interfaces with public.
- Reviews deeds and other instruments of conveyance to insure conformance to Assessor’s records.
- Inputs real estate, personal property, motor vehicle and related property information into an automated assessment record system.
- Assist public in filing tax exemptions.
- Assist the Assessor in completion of State reports as mandated by the Office of Policy and Management.
- Prepares statistical and narrative reports from original data or rough copy.
- Provides technical and administrative assistance to the Assessor.
- Organizes and performs work related to the collection and processing of information to assist in the establishment of the town Grand List and related taxable property information.
- Performs general receptionist duties answering phone, answering emails, and providing customer service for busy office. Observes strict confidentiality in maintaining files and records.
Knowledge of office procedures, including filing, scheduling, posting and basic bookkeeping. Ability to follow written and oral instructions. Ability to operate data and assessment computer programs. Ability to maintain accurate files and records. Ability to perform accurate mathematical computations. Ability to deal cooperatively with others. Experience in working with real estate land records desirable.
Minimum education requirement: High school diploma or equivalent and four years’ experience in moderately complex office work requiring computer literacy. CCMA classes IA & IB desirable. CCMA I preferred.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Compensation: Per Bargaining Unit Contract see above
If interested and qualified, please submit a completed application for employment and resume by the listed deadline date. Application forms may be obtained online www.windsorlocksct.org submitted to the: Town of Windsor Locks Human Resources Department, or mail to 50 Church Street, Windsor Locks, CT 06096.
For any questions, please contact the Human Resources Department at (860) 627-1431. EOE, AA.
Closing Date to be determined