Job Title: Assessor's Clerk
Salary: $43,792 w/certification per contract; $6,000 less without certification of AAT certification or CCMA I
Hours: Mon - Weds 8:00 am to 4:00 pm; Thurs 8:00 am to 6:00 pm; Fri 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Application Deadline Extended…
The Town of Windsor Locks seeks qualified applicants for the position of Clerk in the Assessors Office. This position reports to the Assessor or designee. This is a Full-time, benefited, Bargaining Unit position that reports to the Assessor. This position is 35 hours per week. Hours are in conjunction with Town Hall Business Hours
Duties Include but not limited to:
- Directly interfaces with public.
- Reviews deeds and other instruments of conveyance to insure conformance to Assessor’s records.
- Inputs real estate, personal property, motor vehicle and related property information into an automated assessment record system.
- Assist public in filing tax exemptions.
- Assist the Assessor in completion of State reports as mandated by the Office of Policy and Management.
- Prepares statistical and narrative reports from original data or rough copy.
- Provides technical and office administrative and assistance to the Assessor: organizes and performs work related to the collection and processing of information to assist in the establishment of the town Grand List and related taxable property information.
- Performs general receptionist duties answering phone, customer service for heavy office flow. Observes strict confidentiality in maintaining files and records.
- Completion of Certified Connecticut Municipal Assessor Courses offered by the State of Connecticut.
- Knowledge of office procedures, including filing, scheduling, posting and basic bookkeeping.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to operate data and assessment computer programs.
- Ability to maintain accurate files and records.
- Ability to perform accurate mathematical computations.
- Ability to deal cooperatively with others.
- Experience in working with real estate land records desirable.
Minimum education requirement:
- High school diploma or equivalency and four years’ experience in moderately complex office work requiring computer literacy.
- CCMA classes IA & IB required. CCMA I preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel.
If interested and qualified, please submit a completed application for employment and resume by the listed deadline date. Application forms may be obtained online www.windsorlocksct.org submitted to the: Town of Windsor Locks Human Resources Department, or mail to 50 Church Street, Windsor Locks, CT 06096. For any questions please contact the Human Resources Department at (860)627-1431.