Job Title: Deputy Assessor
Salary: $65,000 - $84,000 Depending on experience and certifications
Hours: 35 Hours per week
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
DESCRIPTION: Responsible for the residential valuation for the Town of Ridgefield and supervision of assessment staff while providing technical and administrative assistance to the assessor. Assumes responsibility for the Assessor’s office in the absence of the Assessor.
- Supervises and performs the measuring and listing of all new residential real estate construction and additions in the Town of Ridgefield.
- Responsible for obtaining income and expense data for all commercial and industrial real estate.
- Responsible for the interpretation and input of sales data in connection with new state law regarding re-evaluation updates every five years.
- Supervises and inputs residential sketches into the Computer-Assisted Mass Appraisal (CAMA) system in order to determine valuation.
- Prepares data for entry into automated assessment records systems administratively and on a CAMA basis.
- Supervises the collection of income and expense data for all commercial and industrial real estate in connection with State-mandated revaluation updates annually.
- Responsible for the interpretation and input of sales in connection with revaluation updates every five years.
- Performs assessments and appraisals in connection with real property utilizing computer-assisted basis.
- Assists in the preparation of department budget recommendations.
- Prepares information releases to assist the public in understanding assessment procedures, regulations, exemptions and related matters.
- Prepares and processes motor vehicle prorates and credits as well as assisting Assessment Clerks in the performance of same.
- Aids in the supervision of the valuation of personal property and motor vehicles for tax purposes.
- Performs audits to Personal Property accounts as directed by the Assessor.
- Assists in speaking to civic and public groups on assessment matters in connection with physical re-evaluations as well as new five-year re-evaluation updates.
- Responsible for briefing other office personnel on changes in tax laws and their effect on local administration.
- Responsible for compiling reports as directed by the Assessor.
- Supervises the maintenance of assessment maps
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field. Must have seven to ten years of progressive experience in the assessment or appraisal field. Minimum of five to ten years experience in real and personal property valuation work desirable. Familiarity with computer assisted mass appraisal systems and other Assessment related applications. Must achieve the professional designation “Certified Connecticut Municipal Assessor”, within three years of date of hire.
HIRING RANGE: $65,000 – $84,000 Depending on experience and certifications
JOB POSTING DATES: January 17, 2024 – Until filled
Interested Applicants, please send letter and resume to: Town of Ridgefield, Human Resources, 400 Main Street, Ridgefield, CT 06877
or email firstname.lastname@example.org