Job Title: Assessor's Clerk
Salary: $42,646 per year
Hours: 37.5 per week
Application Deadline: Open until filled
- Responsible position that requires the preparation, mailing, compilation, alphabetizing and retention of various notices, forms and applications generated by the Assessor’s Office annually under the direction of the Assessor.
- Assists in the annual preparation of the business personal property section of the Grand List.
- The position is responsible for the annual State sponsored Renter Rebate Assistance under the direction of the Assessor. Assists with special mailings as requested by the First Selectmen.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Assessor.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with revisions to business personal property list annually.
- Prepare and mail declaration forms annually. Compile and alphabetize returned declarations for pricing.
- Preliminary price declarations for Assessor’s review. Input data into administrative system.
- Assists in the preparation and mailing of Assessor’s generated increase notices, State mandated increase notices, all state and local application forms concerning veterans, the disabled, and the elderly.
- Perform all duties relative to the State Sponsored Renter Rebate Assistance program including loading applications on to the OPM portal.
- Assist with property transfers via IQS.
- Assist the Board Assessment Appeals.
- Performs other duties utilizing the CAMA system and the Assessor’s administrative system as required.
Three years experience in an Assessor’s Office or another office in a municipality, three years business related experience, high school graduate
Word, Excel, Vision, Quality Data Services, Viewpoint and IQS required
Please send a letter of interest and resume to First Selectman James M. Zeoli c/o Town Hall, 617 Orange Center Road, Orange, CT or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org