Job Title: Assistant Assessor - Part-Time
Hours: 19 hours per week
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Assists in the administration of a Town-wide program of real and personal property assessment for taxation purposes, and acts for Assessor in his/her absence.
Works under the supervisor of the Assessor and the Mayor.
Assists in providing direction to the departmental clerical staff.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of the theory, principles, methods, and techniques of real and personal property evaluation for assessment purposes.
- Ability to understand and interpret laws pertaining to the property assessment;
- Willingness to deal courteously and tactfully with the public, town Officials, and associates; must possess strong mathematical and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant computer software programs, Vision Appraisals, the Computer Assisted Mass Appraisal System or other administrative assessor/tax program (quality data);
- Demonstrated ability in preparing and completing reports.
- Extensive knowledge dealing with survey maps and familiarity with digitized mapping techniques.
General Experience and Education
Must have Certified Connecticut Municipal Assessor Designation I or Designation II. Must continue educational courses through road shows and UCONN to retain State Certification; High School Diploma or the equivalent and a minimum of 4 (four) years experience in property appraisal or assessment.
The Town of New Milford is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Town will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourage both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the Town when necessary.