Job Title: Assessor
Hours: 36 Hours per week
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
Current management in the town of Marlborough is reinvesting in the Assessor’s office and looking to transition from a one person, part-time, assessor to a full-time assessor working 36 hours per week with a full benefits package.
Our goal is to fill the assessor position first after which we will immediately fill the part-time assistant assessor position thereby enabling our new assessor to be involved with, and have some input in, the hiring of their new employee.
For any applicant who has any questions, or would like additional information, please do not hesitate to contact First Selectman Gregory Lowrey who will be happy to discuss the positions in greater detail. Application is available at marlboroughct.net
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to accurately discover, list, and value Real and Personal Property, including Motor Vehicles, using accepted valuation practices.
- Applies exemptions, prepares sales study reports, records property transfers, makes changes to the abstract database, prepares sketches of main structures and computes value/assessment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the general public including attorneys, real estate agents, town and state employees, and others, by phone, in person or through correspondence.
- Ability to read, locate and update properties on Assessor GIS maps; update real property for transfers of ownership, corrections, assessment changes, etc.; assign addresses to new homes or subdivisions; notifies owners of assessment increases.
- Creates certificates of corrections as necessary.
- Supervise a revaluation of all real property as prescribed in the Connecticut General Statutes.
- Accept and process applications for State and local tax exemptions for the elderly, disabled, blind, and Veterans.
- Prepares and submits the Assessor’s Abstract and all other required reports and data to the State of Connecticut as required by Connecticut General Statutes.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum five years of experience working in a municipal assessor’s office.
- Certification from the state Office of Policy & Management as a Certified Connecticut Municipal Assessor (CCMA) I or II (preferred).
CT Driver’s License; familiarity with Microsoft Office, MapGeo, PermitLink, Quality Data Admin and Vision CAMA helpful. Knowledge of Excel, a plus.
This is a 36 hr/wk union position; salary $87,700 per year. Benefits include medical, vacation, paid holidays, sick time and defined contribution retirement plan.
Submit an application, cover letter, and resume to:
Marlborough Town Clerk’s Office
P.O. Box 29
Marlborough, CT 06447