Job Title: Admin Assistant to the Assessor
Salary: $22.73 per hour
Hours: 35 hours per week
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
Under the supervision of the Assessor, this position is of a highly responsible nature requiring considerable knowledge, skill and ability in secretarial and complex administrative support. Provides assistance to compile the Grand List for tax purposed including the receiving and analyzing transfers of titles. Receives, tracks and processes applications for various assessment related programs.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Assists the Assessor in compiling the Grand List for tax purposes and in performing various duties as delegated including tax review assignments.
- Types and completes all transfers of Titles, receives transfers from the Town Clerk, analyzes data with the Assessor, locates field and street cards, assigns and files new Grand List numbers, and records in the Grand List book.
- Assists the Assessor in preparing, maintaining, researching and posting motor vehicle assessment records. .
- Makes corrections, adjustments, and certificate of errors.
- Types, maintains, researches and inspects personal property records, correspondence, and field and street cards; completes Certificates of Correction and State report.
- Determines information for comparable State Sales Assessment forms.
- Maintains Veteran’s, Elderly, and Disability benefits exemption records, distributes and prepares PA 490 exemption applications, and assists with computerizing and preparation of Grand Lists, enters and retrieves assessment data.
- Requires constant attention to detail and content.
- Required to provide information to Residents, Banks, Attorneys, Town Officials, Board Members and other Town Departments in a professional and courteous manner.
- Performs secretarial and clerical duties as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Work requires independent judgment in the execution and completion of varied clerical and technical duties. Accuracy in typing and recording data.
- Considerable skill in the performance of clerical duties, including the ability to arrange tabular material in a clear and accurate manner.
- Ability to fully operate a variety of state of the art office equipment including departmental computer and to adapt to and work with technological changes in office equipment and computer software to secure more effective and efficient operations.
- General knowledge of the principles of governmental policies and procedures and working knowledge of the Assessor’s duties, general statutes, and regulations.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work so as to complete projects in accordance with established due dates.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- A High School Diploma and four years office experience, OR an Associate’s Degree and two years office experience OR a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Individual must have computer knowledge with MS Office programs and database management.
- Demonstrated customer service experience.
- CCMA certification is preferable, but not necessary. Individuals without the CCMA certification will be considered and will be required to take certification classes and obtain certification as a condition of employment.
- Valid driver’s license.
This position is governed under the agreement between the Town of Litchfield and Litchfield Municipal Employees UNION, Local #1303-329 of Council #4 LMEA, AFL-CIO
If you are interested in the position, you must complete an application. Resume will not be accepted in lieu of an application.
Individuals must be able to pass a thorough background check, including DMV, references and pre-employment drug screen and background check.