Job Title: Assessor
Hours: Part-Time - 15 hours per week
Application Deadline: March 12, 2021
The Town of Kent seeks an experienced Assessor for part time position. See attached job description. Visit www.townofkentct.org website to download employment application and submit with resume via email to Joyce Kearns at email@example.com.
The purpose of this position is to discover, list and value real estate, personal property and motor vehicles for compiling the annual Grand List in conformance with the Connecticut General Statues.
As this position is statutorily required, conformance to State Statue will govern the assessor practices of the Assessor. Thereafter, the Assessor is responsible to the Board of Selectmen.
- Certified by the State of Connecticut as a Certified Connecticut Municipal Assessor (CCMA II)
- Must have a valid CT driver’s license
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years working in the field of assessing or in a municipal assessor’s office.
- Valuation experience in a rural community with a variety of property types.
- Understanding and experience with PA 490 assessments and penalties
- Revaluation experience in no less than two revaluations.