Job Title: Assessment Clerk - Part-time
Salary: $23.93 Hourly
Hours: Monday through Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Application Deadline: April 22, 2021 5:00 pm
The Assessment Clerk provides technical and office administrative assistance to and under the general supervision of the Assessor. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following: processing property information related to real estate, personal, and motor vehicle accounts; preparing and entering information into databases; assisting members of the public in filing for tax credit and exemption programs; coordinating record-keeping information; and preparing legal notices of assessment announcements.
The hours of this position are Monday through Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with possible flexibility available. Benefits include paid holidays and personal days, and accrued sick and vacation time. Medical and dental benefits are not available for this role.
- Processes property information related to real estate, personal, and motor vehicle accounts; organizes, records, notates, refers to others or follows up with action, as necessary.
- Prepares and enters information into assessment databases; reviews reports for accuracy.
- Coordinates record-keeping information with other Town offices to ensure uniformity of information and procedures.
- Provides general information to lawyers, land-searchers, appraisers, bank officials, and the general public.
- Responds in person, telephone, email or by mail to citizens’ requests, questions and/or complaints.
- Assists members of public in filing for tax credit and exemption programs.
- Assists in the preparation and processing of real estate sales ratio information for state reports.
- Assists in valuing and proration of motor vehicles for taxation; prepares legal notices of assessment announcements.
- Assists other departments (e.g., fills in) as required.
- May provide notary services.
- Performs other duties as required.
NOTE: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task and responsibility. Incumbent must be able to perform essential duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Knowledge of basic office procedures, including record keeping, scheduling, posting and basic bookkeeping
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations
- Strong customer service skills and ability to relate positively to staff members and the general public
- Ability to handle a large volume of telephone or in person inquiries
- Ability to operate office and computer equipment, and software, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with Computer-Assisted Mass Appraisal (CAMA) and Quality Data Service (QDS) assessment software, preferred
- Ability to acquire a working knowledge of Assessor’s maps and GIS system
- Ability to acquire a working knowledge of laws, regulations and procedures
- Amenable to acquiring State of Connecticut Notary Public Certification
- May require sitting or standing for long periods of time; requires some walking, standing, stooping, and carrying/pushing/pulling of light items such as papers, books, or files weighing up to twenty (20) pounds
- Able to perform manipulative skills which require hand-eye coordination such as keyboarding skills
- Ability to see objects closely as in reading print, computer screen or map and typing a document
- Ability to pay attention to detail and concentrate for sixty (60) minutes or more with frequent interruptions, remember multiple assignments given over long periods of time, and understand the theories behind several related concepts
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years responsible clerical bookkeeping experience or coursework in Bookkeeping or Accounting
- Experience with Connecticut tax assessment software, preferred
- Real estate or land records experience, desirable
- Maintains confidentiality of records and information as appropriate
- Observes safe work practices
- Represents the Town in a professional and courteous manner at all times
- Regularly attends and is punctual for work
2155 Main Street
Glastonbury, Connecticut, 06033
Phone (860) 652-7710
Apply online http://www.glastonbury-ct.gov