Job Title: Assistant to the Assessor
Salary: $25.89 to $30.45 per hour
Hours: 25 per week
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
The Town of Essex is currently accepting applications for a part-time twenty-five (25) hours paid workweek position of Administrative Assistant to the Assessor with a salary range of $25.89 to $30.45 per hour. Final salary determinations are based on applicant’s qualifications and experience.
Performs administrative and assistant duties for the Assessor’s Office. The work involves extensive public contact and customer service. The successful candidate must have, or will be required to complete courses relevant to assessment procedure.
Examples of Essential Duties:
- Receives instruction and direction from the Assessor and work according to established office procedures.
- Performs secretarial and administrative work of a complex and responsible nature for the Assessor.
- Plans and organizes work according to established or standard office procedures, performs work independently, establishing priorities within work assignment.
- A working knowledge of the functions, activities and responsibilities of municipal government, in particular as they apply to the Assessor’s Office, is highly desirable.
- Must be able to perform word and data processing with skill and accuracy.
- Ability to anticipate clerical requirements and to initiate and perform detailed work with little supervision.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagrammatic and schedule form.
- Must be highly organized and have the ability to efficiently process paperwork accurately and efficiently.
- Must have the ability to establish effective working relationships with the public.
Applications may be obtained in the Selectmen’s Office Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm or on the Town of Essex website www.essexct.gov. All applications will be considered until the position is filled and should be submitted to: Selectmen’s Office, Essex Town Hall, 29 West Avenue, Essex, CT 06426.
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
THE TOWN OF ESSEX IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER