Job Title: Assessment Aide
Salary: $16.37 - $18.19 per hour
Hours: 35 hours per week
Application Deadline: August 13, 2021 or until filled
Under the supervision of the Assessor, provides clerical support by working at the counter to assist appraisers, attorneys, bankers, title searchers and homeowners to locate information on street cards and maps. Takes applications for property tax exemption programs, types real estate transfers, forms and letters, and performs other clerical duties as assigned.
- Assists in the preparation of the Town’s annual Grand List.
- Assists appraisers, title searchers, attorneys and homeowners to locate street cards and maps, and to answer general questions.
- Assists in processing real estate transfers and reporting useable sales to the State.
- Takes applications for the property tax exemption programs.
- Utilizes a personal computer for assessment transfers, correspondence, reconciliations and permits.
- Types letters as requested.
- Analyzes data and makes motor vehicles grand list prorations, deletions and corrections.
- Adds motor vehicle information from the Department of Motor Vehicles and other towns.
- Undertakes special projects.
- Relieves staff members of detail work.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of assessment principles, standard office methods and procedures, and the use of data processing office equipment.
- Knowledge and ability to use a computer for Word and Excel software and administrative software.
- Ability to maintain current automated assessment records and the ability to generate computer reports.
- Ability to operate a computer for data entry and word processing; ability to prepare various specialized reports and lists.
- Ability to quickly and accurately make varied arithmetical computations.
- Ability to tactfully and courteously maintain satisfactory working relationships with others.
- Ability to make minor decisions in accordance with laws, ordinances and regulations.
(Minimum) Graduation from high school plus specialized training and 3-6 months of related experience, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
To Apply: Visit ellington-ct.gov to download an application or call the First Selectman’s Office at 860.870.3100. Include a letter of interest and resume.