Job Title: Assessor's Aide
Salary: Starts at $43,685 and goes to $48,539 within a year
Hours: 35 hours per week
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
- To provide administrative and clerical assistance to the Assessment Office.
- Provide general information to Attorneys, Real Estate Appraisers, Title Searchers, and General Public.
- Observe strict confidentiality in maintaining restricted files and records.
- Maintaining and updating information concerning land, motor vehicle and personal property records.
- Assist in coding and verifying material for data processing entry.
- Assist in valuing and prorating of motor vehicles for taxation.
- Performs clerical and manual tasks to maintain and service files.
- Assist elderly and disabled members in filing for tax exemption.
- Operate office equipment (i.e., typewriter, calculator, photocopying, mailing equipment, computers, printer).
- Deals cooperatively with public and co-workers.
- General receptionist duties.
- Orders and maintains office supplies
- Updating mapping thru surveys recorded
- Assist in filing of reports with Office of Policy and Management such as conveyance/elderly/veterans.
- Assist in preparing and completing the Personal Property listing for the Grant List.
- Organizes materials for State Administrator to request destruction of records after minimum retention has elapsed.
- Organizes work according to general office procedure.
- Some knowledge of: State Statutes in interpreting deeds, subdivision, elderly and veterans tax exemptions; add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure to compute assessment pro-rations for real estate, motor vehicle and personal property; the ability to follow written and oral instructions; organization skills to complete task as hand; to be able to operate data and word processing equipment; attend training and informational meetings.
- Strong math skills required. Knowledge of the principles and practices of property valuation and assessment.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION:
- Connecticut Driver’s License.
- Knowledge of land records and laws necessary.
- Willingness to take advantage of opportunities for career development leading to Connecticut Municipal Assessor Certification.
Click here for Full job description and application information