Job Title: Assessment Clerk/Technician
Hours: 37.5 Hours per week
Application Deadline: Friday April 30, 2021 4pm
The Assessment Clerk provides specialized administrative and technical assistance to the Assessor and Assistant Assessor.
- Processing property information related to real estate, personal property and motor vehicle accounts.
- Provides information to assist title searchers, lawyers and general public with assessment questions.
- Provides information and assists taxpayers with tax relief applications and exemption programs, reviews reports for accuracy.
- Updates assessment records, prepares and enters data into assessment databases.
- Assists other departments and applicable state agencies with regard to assessment records.
- Responds to correspondence referred by the office of the tax collector or other town departments.
- Participates in the process of assessing motor vehicles and proration of motor vehicle for taxation.
- Performs field work and data collecting.
- Compiles annual personal property mailing list for Assessor approval; mails Declarations; compiles and enters values regarding the personal property filing.
- Reads land records, interprets deeds and identifies possible map changes for Assessor
- Observes strict confidentiality in maintaining files and records.
Note: The above is an overview of the responsibilities and is not meant to be an all-inclusive list.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
High School Diploma and three years of progressive responsible experience in assessment, appraisal, real estate or business or a combination of education and experience that demonstrates the desired knowledge base. Applicant with Certified Connecticut Municipal Course work in assessment preferred. Applicant will be required to complete course work towards obtaining a CCMA I Certification. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel.