Job Title: Revaluation/Assessment Clerk - Part-time
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
Under the direction of the Town Assessor, organizes and performs work related to the collection, processing and data entry for the property revaluation. Provides top quality customer service to all patrons within Town Hall. Provides office coverage for other departments within Town Hall, on an as needed basis. This is a regular non-exempt part-time position.
Typical Duties, Responsibilities, Tasks & Assignments:
- Performs extensive data entry and retrieval utilizing two separate computer programs (CAMA and ANDI), both systems are essential in maintaining and managing all the information used to produce the annual Grand List.
- Serves as a contact for the public in the Assessor’s office, independently answering questions of a general or routine nature. Utilizing a basic understanding of the various services within Town Hall, directs residents to the appropriate departments in order to correctly address their specific needs.
- Serves as the Town Hall mail coordinator, sorting the daily mail delivery for all Town Departments.
- Serves as a clerical floater, periodically assisting other offices to cover lunch breaks, vacation and/or sick time as necessary and required.
- Establishes, maintains, and continually strives to improve office procedures and computer systems to ensure effective office operations. Maintains office files to ensure easy retrieval by department staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Special Skills & Requirements:
- High School diploma required with three years office or clerical experience required.
- Strong computer experience preferred. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and have knowledge of other basic office procedures. The capability to perform mail merges is required.
- The ability to prioritize, organize and perform work independently, as well as to accurately process large amounts of data entry, required.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, work independently and effectively with diverse groups and sometimes difficult situations, is essential.
This is regular office environment. May require regular standing, sitting walking.
White Collar, Grade III
Please refer to the Revaluation/Assessment Clerk PT Job Description for complete details.
Please complete Employment Application and return with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or call 860-828-7003 to arrange to drop off the information at Berlin Town Hall, Room 101, 240 Kensington Road, Berlin, CT 06037.
The position is open until filled.