Job Title: Policy & Planning Intern
Hours: 10 hours per week - minimum
Application Deadline: See Below
State of Connecticut ~ Office of Policy and Management
As a Policy and Planning Intern you will learn valuable job skills that can help you gain high-level policy experience in areas such as economic development, land use environmental planning, municipal assessment, finance, and taxation. Assist staff and management in key policy and planning initiatives by conducting research and providing technical assistance on issues or special topics for the Governor’s Office, other state agencies, or the legislature. This internship is unpaid and is a minimum of 10 hours per week
As a policy and planning intern you will be able to focus on any of the following interest areas:
- State Plan of Conservation and Development
- Help implement, assess, and revise the plan that guides Connecticut’s capital investments.
- Environmental Laws & Regulations
- Assist with administering the Connecticut Environmental Policy Act and other legislative mandates.
- Website and Graphic Design
- Help improve OPM’s website and demonstrate OPM’s initiatives through creative artwork and graphics.
- Review Municipal Data
- Assist in the collection, entry, analysis and publication of municipal assessment, tax collection, and financial data.
- Legislative Assistance
- Review and analyze proposed and adopted bills; assist in drafting and reviewing regulations.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to analyze information and make recommendations
- Considerable interpersonal, oral & written communication skills.
- Ability to interpret and evaluate research data
- Ability to work independently or in groups.
To apply visit: https://portal.ct.gov/opm-internships
Send completed application and materials to: email@example.com
The deadlines for applications are as follows:
Fall Semester—Jul 1st
Winter/Spring Semester—Dec 1st
Summer Intersession—May 13th