Job Title: Senior Assessment Analyst
Salary: $69,072 ~ $93,430 (Exempt, paid bi-weekly)
Hours: 35 per week
Application Deadline: Open until Sufficient applications are received
Reposted with updated Salary & Experience
EXAMPLES OF WORK: (Illustrative only)
- Inspects existing real and personal properties improved properties and properties in construction to determine value
- Makes periodic review of business and commercial sites to test reliability of personal property reporting system
- Audits property appraisal work performed by private firms for accuracy and conformance to City standards
- Supervises the maintenance of assessment maps, records and lists
- Prepares and enters data into automated assessment records system
- Analyzes methods of collecting and retaining assessment data
- Assists in the development and design of automated systems’ improvements
- Prepares statistical and narrative reports for submission to State and Federal Governments
- Prepares reports for Mayor and City Council at the direction of the Assessor
- Provides technical information and assistance to property owners, attorneys and bankers
- Prepares information releases to assist the public in understanding assessment procedures, regulations, exemptions and related matters
- Will travel between work locations sometimes on a daily basis
- Moves throughout buildings or surroundings properties in order to complete assigned tasks
- Performs related reviews of applications and/or properties for verification purposes
- Maintains State Sales Assessment Ratio file and determines sales usability.
Coordinates assessment appeal matters with Office of Corporation Counsel
- Oversees data processing of assessment information
- Analyzes computer system applications and recommends changes as needed
- Provides technical information and assistance to City Departments, Boards and Commissions
- Assists in the preparation of specifications for periodic revaluation of all taxable properties
- Assists in the preparation of department budget recommendations
- Other related duties as required or directed.
- Veterans – Veteran’s points will be awarded in accordance with the Connecticut State Statute. Five (5) for non-disabled veterans, ten (10) for disabled veterans. Proper documentation must be submitted to the Personnel Director before the date of the examination.
- Residents – Five (5) Residency points shall be added in accordance with the amendment to the Civil Service Ordinances dated March 18, 2011. Proper documentation and proof of residence must be submitted no later than the closing date for applications.
FRINGE BENEFITS: Choose from available health insurance plans (employee contributions vary) Prescription Drug Rider, Dental Plan, Group Life Insurance for Individual; Retirement Plan; paid Holidays; paid Vacation Days; paid Sick Days; paid Personal Days.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Computer Assisted Mass Appraisal (CAMA)
- Knowledge of Geographic Information System (GIS), statistical software systems and related assessment administration computer applications
- Ability to develop and implement changes in computer applications
- Administrative ability to organize and follow through on municipal assessment programs
- Ability to supervise and train employees; Ability to travel independently between work locations sometimes on a daily basis
- Ability to move throughout buildings or surrounding properties in order to complete assigned tasks
- Ability to deal effectively with members of the public, attorneys and real estate developers and construction personnel
- Ability to present ideas and policies to individuals and groups.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST INDICATE ON YOUR APPLICATION THAT AS OF THE CLOSING DATE YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING EXPERIENCE:
- Seven years of professional revaluation experience of which five years would be as a project manager and bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Accounting, finance, economics, or closely related field
- or possess a valid CCMA II certification and all of the revaluation certifications issued by the state of Connecticut.
Possession of a valid driver’s license with a good driving history.
Applications, which may be obtained by visiting our website at www.waterburyct.org or at the Civil Service Office, Chase Municipal Building, 236 Grand St., Waterbury, CT 06702.