Job Title: Assessment Information Clerk II
Hours: 35 Hours Per Week
Application Deadline: May, 21, 2021
NATURE OF WORK
This is technical work requiring detailed knowledge of assessment information and some analytical related duties. This position requires a detailed knowledge to property discovery and listing procedures for all property taxes. Also requires the ability to use motor vehicle pricing publications to verify assessment information. Knowledge of tax exemption programs and the ability to assist in the preparation and processing of taxpayer exemption applications is required. Written and oral correspondence with taxpayers and the ability to accurately communicate assessment information is an integral function of this position. A working knowledge of personal computer word processing, spreadsheet applications, data entry and inquiry functions are essential skills. Work assignments will generally be related to assessment information analysis and will be determined by departmental production objectives.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS include:
- Graduation from high school including or supplemented by college level courses in business administration, public administration or any relevant discipline with a focus on finance or accounting.
- Minimum of one year’s experience which must be in an administrative position including work with financial operations encompassing the day to day use of personal computers; using word processing and spreadsheet applications; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, abilities and skills as stated in the job description, including but not limited to:
- Ability to utilize computer spreadsheet applications in assisting in the analysis of assessment information
- Ability to research motor vehicle ownership information and verify assessments with the appropriate pricing publications
- Ability to maintain accurate assessment information on computer system
- Ability to accurately respond to inquiries related to assessment information, and exemption programs
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
In order to be considered for this title, you must apply via the online application portal.
- Go to https://newhavenct.munisselfservice.com/
- Click on the “Employment Opportunities” link in the right margin (or found under “Expand Menu” if on a handheld device) and follow all instructions provided on that page.
- You will need a valid, working email address to apply.
- Those persons meeting minimum requirements will be invited to participate in a Civil Service exam at a later date.
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of:
- Pre employment background check
- Pre employment physical examination, including pre employment drug screening
- 120-day probationary period.
This position is included in a collective bargaining agreement with Local 884, American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees.
Applications for this position only accepted online at https://newhavenct.munisselfservice.com/.
If you experience technical difficulties in the online application process, please contact our office at 203-946-8252 or email NHJobs@newhavenct.gov.
Please note that only method of communication with applicants for this position will be by email. You must provide valid, working email address and you will need to monitor your email for correspondence from the New Haven Human Resources Department.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/