Job Title: Senior Field Person
Salary: $27.20 – 28.63 per hour
Hours: Mon - Weds 7:30 am to 6:00 pm; Thurs 7:30 am to 6:30 pm; Fri - Closed
Application Deadline: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 6:00 pm
The City of Danbury is currently seeking a Senior Field Person in the Assessor’s Office. The person in this position is responsible for the collection of data of all building permits for new construction as well as additions or changes to parcels of land that may affect the tax assessment of real and personal property in the City of Danbury.
General Statement of Duties
This position is responsible for the collection of data of all building permits for new construction as well as additions or changes to parcels of land that may affect the tax assessment of real and personal property in the City of Danbury.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts site evaluation inspections to collect necessary data for establishing and updating appraisals of residential real estate and business properties; takes measurements and photographs, verifies data and records, and creates a record of each property using automated programs, and prepares reports as required.
- Gathers all characteristics of the property as required by the Board of Assessors valuation model; verifies property ownership, parcel identification, land area, deed reference and valuation with banks, mortgage companies, real estate brokers/appraisers, owners and the general public.
- Reviews new building materials as they pertain to building permits issued by the Building Department.
- Evaluates information gathered to determine a true market value for each real estate property reviewed.
- Reviews real estate properties as they are sold on the real estate market; reviews all components on the property card as vacant and improved to insure fair market value.
- Maintains and updates records, database, and files of information for the department.
- Assists the public by responding to questions about their assessments and reviews property record cards with property owners to clarify or update data.
- Attends training courses and seminars in order to maintain knowledge of assessing rules, regulations and techniques.
- Performs a range of office support duties including but not limited to the filing of papers, answering telephones and filling out elderly abatement forms etc.
Applications are available at the Human Resources Dept., 155 Deer Hill Ave., Danbury, CT 06810 or at www.danbury-ct.gov.
Applicants must submit four (4) completed applications which include a valid email address to the Human Resources department no later than 6:00 pm, Thursday October 10, 2019. EEO/M/F/D/V.