Job Title: Tax Assessment Clerk
Salary: $47,750 - $55,197
Hours: 35 per week
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
Two positions available.
This position includes a comprehensive benefits package. This summary provides a brief overview of the benefits available to regular full-time municipal employees; depending on the employee group some of these benefits may include retirement pension administered by CMERS (Connecticut Municipal Employees Retirement System), health insurance (medical, dental, vision, prescription), life, disability, paid leave, paid holidays, 457(b) deferred compensation plan (employee paid), and other voluntary employee paid benefits. This position is union affiliated.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
To provide technical and office administrative assistance work in connection with the general work of assessing and record keeping in the Tax Assessor’s office.
TYPICAL TASKS OR ASSIGNMENTS:
Processing property information related to real estate, personal, and motor vehicle accounts. Preparing and entering information in databases for reports and budgets. Assist members of the public such as Veterans and the Elderly in filing for tax credit and exemption programs. Coordinate record-keeping information and preparing legal notices of assessment announcements. Assist in explaining rules and regulations of the Assessor’s Office to the attorneys, title searchers and the public. Perform general typing, filing and other clerical functions.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Education, training, and experience:
- High School graduate, Vocational School or Equivalent
- No less than six (6) years’ experience in general field of CT Personal or Real Property assessment.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special knowledge, ability, and skill:
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to use various computer software programs.
- Ability to make detailed mathematical computations.
- Typing ability
- Good knowledge of the principles and practices of the assessment of real and personal property.
- Good knowledge of the methods practices and routines of the Tax Assessor’s Office.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Preferred minimum of no less than six (6) years’ experience in general field of CT personal and or real property assessment on a full-time basis.
- Experience with CT tax assessment software and experience with real estate or land records is preferred but not required.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides a demonstrated potential for performing the duties of the position.
This job description is not, nor is to be intended to be, a complete statement of all duties, functions, responsibilities, and qualifications which comprise this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer MF/AA/DIS
For further information and contact: CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION, 45 LYON TERRACE BRIDGEPORT, CT 06604. TELEPHONE: 203-576-7103
To Apply: Please email a cover letter, resume, supplied application, degree, and license verification, and three (3) professional references (name & contact only) to COB.Jobs@BridgeportCT.gov.