Job Title: Senior Account Clerk
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
The Borough of Naugatuck currently has an immediate need for an Senior Account Clerk with the knowledge and ability to assist the Assessor with the effective operations of the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains record of veteran, blind, and elderly exemptions, as well as a file on all exempt property.
- Provides customer service to the public through personal and telephone contacts by providing information pertaining to real and personal property.
- Assists public through personal and telephone contacts by providing information pertaining to real estate and personal property, appraisals and interpretations of maps, deeds, charts, etc.
- Processes certificates of correction for additions or alterations to motor vehicles, real estate and personal property.
- Assists in placing valuations on motor vehicles, subdivisions and land splits, etc.
- Maintains records of forms, property transfers, subdivisions, land splits, etc.
- Accepts personal property renditions and refers questions to supervisor.
- Processes applications for elderly, veteran and disabled homeowners and renters.
- Processes applications for exemption from real estate and personal property lists, including but not limited to, veterans and the blind.
- Assists in the preparation of motor vehicle and real estate grand lists as required and in preparation of revaluation process.
- Performs work in a safe and conscientious manner.
- Performs other duties as may be required.
The qualified candidate will possess at least a High School Diploma. At least three (3) years experience working in an assessor’s office performing related experience. Proficient verbal, written and communication skills. Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, office machines and business procedures, bookkeeping and basic mathematics as well as the ability to demonstrate good telephone technique, take accurate messages and demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
Qualified candidates must submit a cover letter, resume and completed employment application to: Director of Human Resources, Borough of Naugatuck, 497 Rubber Avenue, Naugatuck, CT 06770. Position will remain open until filled. EOE
Click here for application and employment information.