Job Title: Assessor Clerk
Salary: $44,465 - $48,871 DOQ
Hours: 35 per week
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
The Town of Wilton seeks a Clerk to handle a variety of clerical, secretarial, and administrative functions for the Assessor’s Office. This position is a Union position that reports primarily to the Assessor, working 35 hours per week with the hours generally occurring during the regular 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. work day.
- Represents the Assessor’s Office in contact with the public answering inquiries, either in person or electronically;
- Processes departmental mailings related to personal property inventory, elderly tax relief, renters,
- Processes corrections on motor vehicles and personal property accounts;
- Performs data entry on appraisal and administrative software systems;
- Processes State renters applications and monthly State reports;
- Performs basic secretarial and administrative duties; and
- Performs other duties as required
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma;
- Minimum one year of experience in an office environment; and
- Must attend or have attended training sessions for Clerks or courses 1A or 1B in CAAO education program
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, & SKILLS INCLUDE:
- Ability to read, analyze, comprehend, and interpret documents, sometimes complex in nature;
- Understanding of and ability to apply basic business arithmetic;
- Ability to use computer systems relevant to execution of job functions;
- Ability to communicate clearly and distinctly, personally, by telephone, and electronically with the public and co-workers; and
- Ability to interact courteously and effectively with the public
Compensation: $44,465 – $48,871 starting salary range, depending on qualifications. Comprehensive benefits.
The position will remain open until filled.