Job Title: Assessor
Salary: $110,000 to $125,000
Hours: Mon - Fri 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
The Town of Wilton seeks to hire an Assessor, a highly responsible position reporting to the Chief Financial Officer. The Assessor oversees all of the activities and statutory functions handled by the Assessor’s Office. Work involves the extensive collection and analysis of data involved in the inspection, valuing, and assessment of all real and personal property within the Town for the purposes of preparing and maintaining the Grand List.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, or a closely related field from an accredited institution
- Six years of progressively responsible experience in real and personal property appraisal work, at least two of which have been in the field of municipal property tax assessment
- Possession of a Connecticut Municipal Assessor Certification or its equivalent which must be maintained in good standing at all times during employment by the Town
- Solid working knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing, and database software and assessment software
- A valid driver’s license.
Note: suitably relevant work experience may be substituted for an academic degree on a year for year basis.
Town job application and position description are available at www.wiltonct.org or upon request from Director, Human Resources, Labor Relations, and Administrative Services, (203) 563-0118. EOE.