Job Title: Administrative Assessment Technician
Salary: $17.00 - $20.00 per hour, depending on experience
Hours: 19.5 hours per week
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
The Town is seeking experienced candidates to fill the position of Part Time Administrative Assessment Technician for 19.5 hours per week.
This position is responsible for performing varied office assignments that encompass general and technical tasks specific to the Assessor’s Office. Provide technical and administrative support for the Assessment staff in performing and completing statuary responsibilities of the office.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Assessor or designee.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Performs work that involves complex procedures and requires exercising judgment and making decisions based upon experience and knowledge of accepted practices of the Assessor’s Office.
- Process certificates related to taxable assets, deeds, permits, ownership transfers and reports to the State. Tracks aircraft registration and mailing lists for ownership information.
- Is an information resource, answering questions from the public and provides guidance on the functions and procedures of the office. Provides maps from the Town Clerk’s Office.
- Prepares legal notices and press releases of personal property lists, veterans’ exemption and elderly benefits applications.
- Process monthly State reports required by the Office of Policy.
- Handle bulk mailing of personal property declarations, elderly program and disabled veterans.
- All other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- General knowledge of State statutes, elderly and veterans’ tax exemptions and assessment related issues and ability to present proper interpretations to the general public.
- Ability to interpret real estate field cards, personal property declarations, and motor vehicle forms
- Ability to tactfully and effectively communicate to the general public and co-workers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Word/Excel/Outlook.
Graduation from high school or equivalent (GED) plus three years of experience performing a variety of responsible office clerical duties. One year of assessment experience preferred.