Job Title: Appraiser
Salary: $27.60 - $31.03 per hour
Hours: Mon - Thur 8:30 am to 4:30 pm; Fri 8:30 am to 1:30 pm
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
This position is primarily responsible to perform technical work assessing real estate and personal property for the purpose of taxation under the direction of the Assessor. Reviews real estate sales and collects real estate value information. Develops and computes appraisal findings to current market value to prepare the grand list.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts on site interior and exterior inspections for improvements for existing and new construction
- Enters and sketches assessment data into computer database producing updated field cards
- Provide tax estimates for new structures including additions to existing structures, providing estimate information for tax payer.
- Review and investigate complaints regarding assessments
- Liaison for general public on matters relating to assessment
- Review all survey maps on file and prepare land parcel splits and separations
- Acts as liaison between re-evaluation company and the assessor’s office
- Assist re-evaluation firm with clarifications and research
- Assign house numbers utilizing established process
- Computes motor vehicle assessment bi-annually
- Obtain motor vehicle values utilizing industry standards
COMPETENCIES AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Possess a valid Connecticut drivers license
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Word, and Excel
- Experience with CAMA or similar mass appraisal software
- Ability to read blueprints and maps
- Must be a certified assessor with good analytical ability and the ability to measure
- AS Degree in related field, BS Preferred or equivalent of 1 year experience
- Experience in an office environment
- Customer service experience
- Prior experience in an assessor office.
- CCMA training completed or in the process of completing
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger movements, handle or feel objects, or controls; and must be able to lift and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to walk, climb, and maneuver outside residential and commercial properties to inspect locations. Work environment may be subject to changing climate conditions. Required to travel in Town vehicle to specific locations to conduct inspections.
Please submit your cover letter and resume, and on line application: To Human Resources Department at monroect.org (under the Human Resources Department, “Available Positions”)