Job Title: Assistant Assessor - Part-time
Application Deadline: Open until filled
The Town of Hampton is seeking an Assistant Assessor to handle a variety of clerical and administrative functions for the Assessor’s Office. This position is a non-union position that reports primarily to the Assessor.
1 day per week on Thursdays between the hours of 10:00 am-7:00 pm with the possibility of occasional Tuesday coverage from 9:00 am-4:00 pm
- Represents the Assessor’s Office in contact with the public answering inquiries, either in person or electronically;
- Processes departmental mailings related to personal property inventory, elderly tax relief, renters;
- Processes corrections on motor vehicles;
- Performs data entry on appraisal and administrative software systems;
- Processes State renters applications and monthly State reports;
- Performs basic secretarial and administrative duties; and
- Performs other duties as required
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma;
- Minimum two years’ experience in an office environment; and
- Must be able to efficiently operate the office independently.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Connecticut Motor Vehicle
- Operator’s License.
- Must attend certain assessment seminars and workshops including but not limited to AAT Modules, ACES Workshops, Education Seminars and Freedom of Information Seminars.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, & SKILLS
- Ability to read, analyze, comprehend, and interpret documents, sometimes complex in nature;
- Understanding of and ability to apply basic business arithmetic;
- Ability to use computer systems relevant to execution of job functions;
- Ability to communicate clearly and distinctly, personally, by telephone, and electronically with the public and co-workers; and
- Ability to interact courteously and effectively with the public
Experience in an Assessor’s office desired, those with relevant combinations of skills are encouraged to apply. Deadline: until position filled. Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com