Job Title: Assessor
Salary: $80,000-$90,000 per year depending on experience
Hours: Mon - Fri 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Application Deadline: 3:00 p.m., Friday, June 22, 2018
Created by Town Charter, this position plans and coordinates a continuing town-wide program of real and personal property assessment prior to compiling the Grand List for taxation purposes and related activities; adheres to mandated General Statutes, schedules; administers revaluations, office, and budget procedures. Compiles the Grand List by verifying the Town Clerk’s data; monitors and confirms data related to the Grand List. Member of the Guilford Supervisors Association (GSA).
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Public Administration or related field supplemented by special courses in appraising and real estate and four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in property assessment work; or any equivalent combination of education and experience. Certified Connecticut Municipal Assessor I (CCMA-I). Certified Connecticut Municipal Assessor II (CCMA-II) preferred or must be obtained within two (2) years of employment. Connecticut Motor Vehicle Operator’s License.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of real and personal property values in and around the Town of Guilford.
- Knowledge of theory, principles, methods, regulations, and techniques regarding real and personal property assessment procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of State Statutes, relating to the assessment of real and personal property
- Knowledge of local municipal assessment laws, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of building construction practices and of building and land values.
- Knowledge of CAMA system.
- Skills in written and verbal communication, including making presentations.
- Skills in interpersonal relations.
- Skills in utilizing a computer.
- Ability to make estimates of real and personal property values for assessments.
This is a Full-Time position with benefits.
Any person interested in applying for this position should submit an Employment Application to:
Human Resources, Guilford Town Hall, 31 Park Street, Guilford no later than: 3:00 p.m., Friday, June 22, 2018