Job Title: Assessment Aide
Salary: $17.26 per hour
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m
Application Deadline: September 7, 2018
Under the direction of the Assessor or Assistant Assessor, assists with the daily operations of the Assessor’s Office. Performs clerical work for and takes minutes for the Board of Assessment Appeals. Manages the office in the absence of the Assessor and Assistant Assessor. Represented by the Guilford Employee Association (GEA).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all the duties of the Assessor’s Clerk
- Responsible for all work regarding property transfers: including research, verification, pricing, mapping and State Reports.
- Processes Certificates of Occupancy prorates including calculations and data entry.
- Manages classified property (farm, forest, and open space) including mandatory state filings for classification.
- Executes and is responsible for Elderly Tax Relief prorates.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining office supplies.
- Performs monthly bank reconciliation.
- Attends meetings, performs clerical work, and takes minutes for the Board of Assessment Appeals.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED), plus two years of business school/college and two years of assessment experience with related computer experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
click here for full job description
This is a Full-Time 35 hour per week position with benefits.
Any person interested in applying for this position should submit an Employment Application to:
Human Resources, Guilford Town Hall, 31 Park Street, Guilford no later than: 3:00 p.m., Friday, September 7, 2018
31 Park Street, Guilford, CT 06437
Monday-Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Phone: (203) 453-8075
Fax: (203) 453-3052
Email: Human Resources