Job Title: Assistant to the Assessor - Part-time
Hours: 10-20+ hours per week
Application Deadline: Open until filled
The position of Assistant to the Assessor is currently open. This position is a part time position with no benefits.
Hours vary during the year depending on the work flow and can range from 10-20+ hours per week. The actual schedule will be determined in consultation with the Assessor and will likely be 20 hours from July through December, with possible changes in 2019.
Job requirements are as follows:
- Available to cover vacation, sick time, personal time and meetings, depending on the Assessor’s schedule and periodic work load shifts.
- Available to work 20+ hours per week, if needed, mid-June through the beginning of August and again at the end of December and through the first of February.
- Proficient in computers, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent math skills.
- Able to work with the public both in person and on the telephone.
- Understand the confidential nature of materials in the Assessor’s office.
Interested personnel need to contact the First Selectman within 10 days of the posting of this notice.
Donald Stein, First Selectman, 67 Ripley Hill Road, Barkhamsted, CT 06063 or email to email@example.com.
Please call the Selectmen’s office at (860) 379-8285 if you have questions. Town Website https://www.barkhamsted.us