Job Title: Assessment Analyst
Salary: $58,895 to $68,152 annual, 4 steps
Hours: Mon - Fri 8:15 am to 3:45 pm; Last Thurs. each month to 6:45 pm
Application Deadline: April 13, 2018; 4:00 pm
Senior level technical position involving the assessment of real and personal property for tax purposes with emphasis on completing appraisals of real and personal property and explaining them to the taxpayer.
Work involves responsibility of a continued program of real property and personal property valuation in preparation for the Grand List. Duties involve measuring and listing new real property improvements, calculating the assessment of properties, listing and appraising personal property and supervising the work of employees engaged in the preparation of the Grand List. This position also has the responsibility of making difficult property assessment decisions and requires the employee have considerable knowledge, skill and ability in all phases of property assessment work.
- Considerable knowledge of property assessment principles and practices.
- Considerable knowledge of property assessment laws.
- Knowledge of data processing technology as applied to municipal assessment operations.
- Considerable ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, coworkers, subordinates, property owners and the general public.
- Good ability to supervise and train a small clerical and technical staff.
- Good ability in property appraisal and assessment.
- Good ability in oral and written communication.
- Good ability to complete work within deadlines.
A Bachelor’s Degree in business, accounting or public administration from an accredited college or university, plus three years of increasingly responsible experience in real and personal property assessment, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Certified Connecticut Municipal Assessor designation, or commencement of specialized courses which would qualify an individual would be desirable.
Must have a valid Connecticut driver’s license.
Applications must be on file with the Civil Service Commission/Personnel, Room 409, City Hall, no later than April 13, 2018 at 4:00 P.M. Application forms may be obtained at the office of the Civil Service Commission/Personnel, Room 409, City Hall, 27 West Main St., New Britain, CT 06051 or online at www.newbritainct.gov under Civil Service job postings. Tel (860) 826-3406.
AA/EOE/Equal Access Employer